Saturday, April 15, 2017

Spring Festival

The company where I work hosts a spring festival every year.  Usually the festival is held outdoors under the flowering cherry trees, but this year it was rainy, so the mainstage was moved into the gym, with the vendors under tents outside.  





I saw and talked with many of my students and also met some of their wives and children.  There was entertainment for both the adults and the children.  


First there was a famous comedienne.  She is famous for imitating other celebrities.  I can't remember her name. 



The entertainment I was interested in was the KyuRangers.  I just found out about them the week before the festival from my students.  Apparently, there is a different set of Super Heros every year and the KyuRangers is this year's version.  I was a little dissapointed that only five of the nine Rangers were there, but I guess it came down to budget - five actors cost less than nine! There were lots of bad guys.







As I was leaving the festival site I met one of my students with his wife and their famous dog, Milk.  


I am glad I was able to attend this fun event.

5 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

These events are fun and very important for making the employees become members of one big 'family'. YOU are of course also one of them, and you are doing so well. Enjoy your Hitachi family!

kiwikid said...

Interesting event Pamela, those Kyurangers remind me of the Power Rangers my youngest used to love.

Janie said...

Fun outing, and rain, but spring rain is great for flowers.
I'm glad you had a good time. And you got to meet a famous dog!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela,wow what an interesting event so much to see and do,glad you enjoyed it.

Leonore Winterer said...

What a shame your festival had to be driven indoors by the rain, but it still looked like a lot of fun!